This protein packed black bean quinoa salad is high in fiber and gluten-free!! Best of all it’s ready in 45 minutes and can hold well for several days making it a perfect vegetarian weeknight meal or a great side dish to have on hand!!
A bright and flavorful Mexican inspired dressing comes together with quality oil, cumin, fresh garlic, fresh lime juice, and a kick of cayenne pepper. You can vary the level of heat here by adding or reducing amount of cayenne pepper! I love serving this dish with a side of lime wedges and chopped avocado to pack a punch in this hearty quinoa salad!!
Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups Quinoa Cooked 1 cup dry yields 2 cups cooked
- 1/4 cup Oil avocado or extra virgin
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper optional for heat
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans
- 1 cup Frozen Sweet Corn organic, thawed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Red Onion chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 Large Handful of Cilantro chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1 Avocado OPTIONAL – cubed on side for serving
- Prepare 2 cups cooked quinoa as instructed on package.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing in a large bowl by whisking together the oil, cumin, garlic, lime, salt, and cayenne. Set dressing aside and let flavors come together.
- In a small skillet over medium heat saute frozen corn with butter until warm about 4-5 minutes. Sautéing frozen corn keeps it crisp, bright and flavorful.
- Drain black beans and chop veggies. Add cooled quinoa to the bowl with dressing and gently fold in the beans and chopped veggies.
- Add in the chopped cilantro and feta and gently mix. Chill the salad for 30 minutes before serving so all the flavors come together.