Creamy Organic Chicken Breasts straight from the slow cooker to the dinner table! As a mom I’m all about simplifying steps in meal prep while still having great tasting dishes to serve. Making a quick sauce and tossing this chicken in the slow cooker allows me to step away from the kitchen and let a chunk of the cooking process happen on it’s own! A few extra minutes boiling water to serve this creamy chicken dish family-style with a side of Egg Noodles and steamed Zucchini Noodles tossed with melted butter for a complete meal!
Choosing high quality ingredients is most important to me. I have been cooking lately with chicken from Organic Prairie you can order directly online and have high quality organic meats delivered straight to your doorstep!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Supper
- Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 lb (1 lb, 8oz) Chicken Breast Organic Prairie
- 2 Tbsp Butter Organic Valley
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk Organic Valley
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Organic Valley
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream Organic Valley
- 1 package Egg Noodles
- 2 large Zucchini spiralized
- 4 Tbsp Butter melted, Organic Valley
- Fresh Parsley garnish
- Cut chicken breasts into large chunks and place into the slow cooker. You should have about 7 chunks per breast.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add in the butter. Melt the butter and briskly whisk in the flour until a thick paste forms. Continue to stir for about a minute. Slowly stir in the organic chicken broth whisking constantly until smooth. Then, whisk in the milk stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer and thicken about an additional minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the seasonings of pepper, salt, dried oregano, dried thyme, garlic powder, onion powder until combined.
- Pour the thickened mixture in with the chicken and stir everything together.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on High for 2 hours or Low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through (165°).
- Cube the cream cheese and add to the slow cooker. Allow the cream cheese to melt over the chicken. Add in the sour cream and stir until completely combined. Serve hot with optional sides.
- Serve this family-style dish with a side of buttered Egg Noodles and Zucchini Noodles for a complete meal! Cook egg noodles as instructed on package. Steam Zucchini Noodles + toss with melted butter. Salt + pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
From time to time, I work with amazing companies I believe in to develop recipes for my website. Today’s post was brought to you by Organic Valley! All opinions are 100% my own and I thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.