Happy kids with chocolate, banana, and peanut butter muffins in hand. Theses are special treats with less refined sugar and over processed flours. With a creamy base from mashed bananas and peanut butter, naturally sweetened with maple syrup and balanced with a dose of dark chocolate chips, my kids think these are cupcakes, but I won’t tell them the difference if you don’t!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
Chocolate muffins the Kids love and I’m okay giving them with brunch or as an afternoon snack. Combining creamy flavors of peanut butter and bananas into a sweet baked treat.
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 6 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Pink Salt ground
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash ripe bananas with the back of a fork and beat in eggs, maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla until fully mixed.
- Add in all the remaining dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate last.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 liners and divide batter evenly. Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
Make sure your bananas are really ripe for this recipe!!
Leave a Reply