This creamy Lemon Ricotta Cake is hands down my favorite cake of spring! It has a soft bite that’s loaded with lemon zest flavor perfect for brunch, sipping with coffee or for a nice finish to a meal. The best part is, it’s ready in about an hour!
To keep it simple, but a little fancy I like to garnish with a light sprinkle of powdered sugar and fresh lemon slices when serving.
Fancy Lemon Ricotta Cake
A fresh lemon dessert cake made with ricotta cheese! This Fancy Lemon Ricotta Cake is perfect for a spring or summer time treat!
- 1 1/3 cups (188g) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt himalayan
- 1 cup Sugar white
- 1/2 cup Butter unsalted, softened
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Zest about 3 lemons
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups (356g) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar Garnish after baking (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan, line bottom with a round of parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and pink salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric stand or handheld mixer cream together sugar, butter and lemon zest until well blended.
- Mix in eggs one at a time and blend in vanilla.
- Add in half of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add in ricotta and mix until combined.
- Add in last half of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven until cake is set (a toothpick can come out moist but no batter), about 40 – 45 minutes.
- Once cool, slice and serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Leave a Reply