Introducing the summer pasta salad that will have everyone excited at your next gathering!! This dish is loaded with crispy bacon and grilled broccoli – what’s not to love here?? Yup, I said grilled broccoli…because who really wants to turn on the oven in the summer? By lightly grilling whole broccoli crowns, allowing the outer edges to get slightly charred, a sweet/nutty flavor develops that is seriously delicious in this dish!
Raw, thinly sliced red onion, and beautiful shell pasta help to add in different textures and color to this bright salad! Tossed with homemade fresh herb dressing and serve cold with cubed avocado!!
Grilled Broccoli and Bacon Pasta Salad
- 1 lb Pasta Shells or Bow Tie
- 1 lb Bacon thick cut
- 1 package Josie's Organics Broccoli Crowns
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt plain
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 3 tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Chives minced
- 3 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley minced
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as instructed.
- Warm Cast-iron skillet to medium heat and add bacon to pan. Cook until the bacon starts to brown on one side. Use tongs to flip the bacon. Move cooked bacon to dry plate lined with paper towel to absorb grease. Once bacon has cooled, chop into medium pieces.
- Spray broccoli crown with avocado oil and place over medium heat. Grill for about 20 minutes (turning every few minutes) until the thickest parts of broccoli are crisp around the edges. Once cooled, cut the florets free beneath the flower canopy into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, bacon, broccoli, tomatoes, red onion.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together. Add to pasta mixture and mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator and top with cubed avocado before serving.
Leave a Reply