Ready, Set, Eat!! This pomegranate kale salad is unreal and perfectly tossed in a light balsamic dressing. Each little pomegranate seed gives off a nice burst of crunch and flavor in every bite! Even kale haters can get into this one!! We made this for Thanksgiving last year and it was a huge hit!
The best tip I have for preparing a tasty kale salad is from a technique my mom uses …. MASSAGE YOUR KALE! Yup, gently squeezing handfuls of raw chopped kale for a few minutes will help take out some of that bitter flavor. Massaging the kale helps to break down the hearty cell structure and helps give the kale a softer texture that tastes better. So MASSAGE YOUR KALE!!
Pomegranate Kale Salad
- 2 bunches Kale
- 2 Pomegranates divided, seeded, juiced
- 1/4 cup Pistachios toasted
- 8 oz Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- pinch Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees to toast your pistachios! Spread out the nuts in a single layer on a lined cookie sheet. Place in the middle rack of the oven and toast for 10 to 15 minutes stirring halfway through.
- While the nuts are toasting, wash kale, and remove the ribs leaving just the leafy greens. Chop kale and gently massage the leafy greens pressing with your finger tips for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate and press 1 cup of seeds thru a mesh sieve to get approximately 4 tablespoons of juice. Reserve 1/2 cup seeds for the salad (you may have extra seeds depending on the size of your pomegranates).
- Whisk together pomegranate juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and dijon mustard. Taste dressing. Add in salt and pepper as needed. Toss dressing with salad and top with crumbled feta cheese and toasted nuts.
Leave a Reply