Beautiful Shrimp Scampi!! Garlic. Lemon. Butter. Need I say more?? Fire up the grill for some garlic toast points and saute shrimp in garlic! This dish is simmered in a light chicken broth for a smooth flavor. Traditionally, this recipe uses white wine, but I swap wine for broth because I always have it on hand, and I can reuse the remaining broth throughout the week in other dishes. Just know you can go either way here – white wine or both (it will still be amazing).
Pile these shrimp beauties up on garlic toast for an appetizer or serve as a main dish! This classic butter-garlic sauce is one of my favorites!! It literally has me licking the pan clean. I serve this as an appetizer straight out of the pan because it allows everyone to spoon the sauce over their toast. YUM!!!
Not in the mood for toast? I totally get it! Swap toast for a favorite pasta! The pasta soaks up all the sauce the some way!! Looking for a low carb version? Serve this over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. Either way you decide to serve this dish it’s sure to be a winner for any garlic shrimp lover!!
Shrimp Scampi with Garlic Toast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 5 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/4 lb Large Shrimp peeled, deveined, + tail on
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1 Baguette cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Peel and devein shrimp by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine. Lift out the black vein with the point of a paring knife and wipe it off. Keep base of tail on so the tip of shrimp stay juicy.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tbsp. of butter in large pan or skillet. Add in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add in shrimp, salt + pepper to taste and saute for about 2 minutes on one side. Once the shrimp begin to turn pink, flip them over using tongs.
- Pour in chicken broth and the red pepper flakes and simmer for about 2 minutes. The sauce will reduce by about half.
- Add in the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, lemon juice and parsley and remove the pan from the heat.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut baguette into 1/2 inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine butter + minced garlic and melt in microwave. Brush melted butter + garlic onto both sides of the baguette slices.
- Place the bread on the grill. Cook and turn occasionally, until the bread is crisp on both sides.
Leave a Reply