Darren’s favorite things to make in the kitchen include colorful nutrient dense smoothies, breakfast eggs, and almond flour banana bread! He has two favorite types of banana bread to make – the regular almond kind and the chocolate almond kind! Today he couldn’t decide which one to bake so this creative blend happened! He filled half the pan with his normal banana bread mix and reserved half the batter adding in his cacao powder and oil before adding in the remaining batter to the pan. I can’t blame him for wanting the best of both here!! Enjoy!! XO – Sarah and Darren
SWIRL CHOCOLATE ALMOND BANANA BREAD
This Swirl Chocolate Almond Banana Bread is packed with nourishing ingredients and sweetened only with bananas and a touch of honey. It's gluten free and grain free, but still full of love! Swirled half regular and half chocolate for a little fun!
- Loaf Pan
Regular Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 2 Ripe Bananas mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp *Flaxseed Meal (mixed with three tablespoons of warm water)
- 1/4 cup Local Honey
- 1 tsp Almond Extract or Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (192 g) Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips sprinkle on top
Chocolate Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 1 Tbsp Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Avocado Oil or other favorite oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a standard 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, *flaxseed meal (mixed with three tablespoons of warm water) and extract of choice until well combined.
- In the same bowl add in the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour half of the batter into one side of the prepared loaf pan and reserve the other half of the batter in the mixing bowl.
- Add the cacao powder and oil to the remaining half of the batter and mix well. Pour the chocolate batter onto the other side of the prepared loaf pan as shown in picture above.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the center of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
*If you don’t have Flaxseed Meal you can add an additional egg here making it 3 eggs total in the recipe. – Bread should be kept well-covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. After this time I recommend transferring to the fridge or freezer.