Changing your weeknight chicken dinner game with this saucy lemon butter chicken recipe. Fresh garlic simmering in butter, zesty lemon, and garden basil – what’s not to love here? If your looking for a new chicken dinner to toss in the weeknight rotation then this dish is calling your name.
Fresh grated parmesan cheese and flour make up the breading mixture for the chicken. The lemon butter sauce is fun blend of summer flavor. The lightness of citrus and rich butter simmered with fresh garlic pair well together. Think summer supper in Italy.
This 12-inch nonstick casserole pan from American Kitchen is the perfect tool to get the job done. Deep sides hold in the sauce nicely and the nonstick coating makes for easy cleanup!
Lemon Butter Chicken
Ingredients for the Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast (about 2 large breasts)
- 1 tbsp olive oil to sautee
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper to taste
Parmesan Breading Mixture
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch basil (fresh, cut into ribbons)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced in rounds for garnish) – optional
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Using a meat mallet lightly pound chicken until even in thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg mixture.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together the parmesan breading mixture.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture first, then dredge the chicken into the parmesan mixture. Repeat this process with all your chicken.
- In a large skillet or casserole pan, over medium heat, add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. Once hot, add the chicken and cook about 4 minutes per side until golden brown and internal temperature is 165 F. Removed cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over low heat, melt the butter and garlic, cook until fragrant. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and pepper. Let the sauce simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the pan with the sauce, turning the breasts to coat them in sauce. Garnish with lots of fresh basil and lemon rounds (optional).