Classic Guacamole!! Ripe avocados make for the perfect snack or side dish, and this guac is classic – nothing fancy here! After you make this beautiful masterpiece add a thin layer of lime juice to coat the top of the dip and cover it with plastic wrap removing any space for air. Yup, push down on the plastic wrap (it should be mushed against the guac and this will help keep it fresh.) Air causes oxidation which will make the avocados turn brown if you don’t. Keep dip chilled until ready to serve! Best served with salty chips and cold beers!! Cheers!
Classic Guacamole!! Fresh ripe avocados make for the perfect simple snack or side dish! This guac is classic – nothing fancy here!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Ripe Avocados
- 1 tsp Pink Salt or favorite salt
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 Red Onion minced
- 1 medium Ripe Tomato seeds + pulp removed, chopped
- 1-2 Jalapeno Pepper finely chopped (optional heat level)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro finley chopped
- 1 Bag Chips
- Cut avocado in half. Remove seed and scoop out flesh with a spoon. In medium bowl mash up with a fork.
- Add in salt and lime mixing well. The acid in the lime will help delay the avocados from turning brown!
- Fold in minced onion, chopped tomatoes, pepper, and cilantro.
- Cover with plastic wrap removing any space for air. The plastic wrap should be mushed against the guac to keep it fresh. Air causes oxidation which will make it turn brown. Keep chilled until ready to serve!