Cheers to a healthy gut and a quick boost to the immune system! This ginger and beet wellness shot delivers a quick natural dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in a concentrated dose to fuel your body. I love making a batch of these when I feel sluggish in the winter, when I’m about to travel, or if I feel a cold coming on! Ginger has a long history of use in traditional and alternative medicine. It has been used to help aid digestion, reduce nausea, and fight a common cold, to name a few.
No juicer machine? No problem! I don’t have one either and my recipe reflects this. I make my shots in my high speed blender still obtaining a concentrated dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Roast beets as normal – you can check my beet recipe here for technique on roasting. Peel and quarter the blood oranges, and scrub or peel the ginger. Depending on the ginger’s funky size it may be difficult to peel, in this case make sure you scrub well. Slice ginger into quarter inch thick pieces so the blender can pulse them easily.
I made this large batch and took it to Sunday dinner last weekend. A few brave family members (not the kids) took a shot before dinner! You had to be there to embrace the love of my Italian father-in-law and his reaction to this “shot!” He’s a trooper for sure and is always willing to try my creations!! 🙂 You can store a large batch like this in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. This recipe makes about 6 large shots and I will usually take 2 a day depending on my mood.
Ginger Beet Wellness Shot
- 2 Blood Oranges peeled + quartered
- 1/4 cup Fresh Ginger peeled (optional) + chopped
- 1 Beet small, roasted
- 1 cup water add as needed
- Roast beets as normal. Peel and quarter the blood oranges, and scrub or peel the ginger. Slice the ginger into quarter inch thick slices so the blender can pulse them easily.
- Place all ingredients into the high speed blender reserving half the water. Blend on high and add water as needed until a liquid is formed.