Transforming strawberry rhubarb sauce ‘leftovers’ into a magical dairy-free ice-cream treat! I had so much fun working on this recipe development for a segment I filmed with Better Connecticut!
You can watch ALL the fun: here
Dairy-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream
- 12 cubes Frozen Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce see recipe below
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk 365 Everyday Value, Organic Coconut Milk, 13.5 oz can
- In a food processor pulse together 12 frozen strawberry rhubarb sauce cubes and 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk until creamy.
Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
- 2 Cups Rhubarb chopped
- 2 Cups Strawberries chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Water
- Add chopped Rhubarb and Strawberries to a 9×13 baking dish. Drizzle in honey, water, and grated ginger over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Remove dish from oven and use a potato masher or the back of a fork to lightly mash up the sauce!
- Layer sauce into yogurt parfaits or top on oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, ice cream etc… Any leftover sauce can be frozen into ice-cube trays and saved for smoothie bowls or non-dairy ice cream treats later!!