Thinking beyond the lunchbox sandwich, this sesame soba noodle salad is a refreshing alternative side with a nice source of protein and some complex carbs! Tiny diced rainbow peppers and carrots add a pop of color to a dish that shines with sweet sesame flavor! We had purple bell peppers growing in our garden this summer so tossed them in this dish, but this side is so versatile you can even swap out for other veggies you love or add in fun additions like tofu or edamame. Get creative for a dish that works as well for a summer party as it does for a back to school lunch option!
Sesame Soba Noodle Salad
protein and complex carbs! Tiny diced rainbow peppers and carrots add a
pop of color to a dish that shines with sweet sesame flavor!
- 1 Package Soba Noodles (8.8 oz package)
- 2 Carrots grated
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Peppers diced
- 3 Scallions cut on a bias
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 inch piece Ginger grated
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Cook Soba noodles as instructed on package.
- In a large bowl whisk together the honey, liquid aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic until well combined.
- Add the carrots, rainbow peppers, scallions, and soba to the bowl and toss to combine with the dressing. Garnish with the sesame seeds and serve cold.