Soup Sunday’s never looked so cozy this fall!! This week I’m playing hide and seek with extra veggies for the kids in this creamy tomato alphabet soup!! Ready in an hour and best topped with shredded Parmesan cheese and basil. A cozy creamy tomato based soup loaded with fresh vegetables and dinnertime fun! Who’s ready for soup season?
Creamy Tomato Alphabet Soup
Having fun with our ABC's!!! A cozy creamy tomato based soup loaded with fresh vegetables and dinnertime fun!
- 2 tbsp Butter Organic Valley
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 28 oz. can Whole Peeled Tomatoes (in juices)
- 4 cups Chicken Broth (or vegtable stock)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 1 cup Green Beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup Whole Milk Organic Valley
Toppings + Add In's
- 2 cup Small Pasta Shape* (cooked)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese Organic Valley
- Fresh Basil
- Heat butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook until soft (about 7 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add in minced garlic, stirring until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add tomatoes with the juice, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, carefully puree tomato mixture. If you don't have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender by pouring small bataches and blending slowly. (Caution with hot liquids, hold down lid on blender pitcher while blending). Return liquid to pot and stir well.
- Place pot back on stove burner over medium heat. Add in carrots, green beans, cauliflower florets and milk. Stir to combine. Simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pot cook pasta* as instructed on package.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Add in desired amount of pasta and top with parmesan cheese and basil.
*Any small type pasta will work with this soup. A few favorite pastas we love for soup include, Alphabet, Elbows, Mini Farfalle, Shells, Wagon Wheels or Orzo just to name a few!