The perfect balance for a spring or summer salad. A blend of peppery spiciness from the beautiful watercress, sweet strawberries, salty feta and green olives for the win!! Also, nothing beats a homemade salad dressing and this one only takes 30 seconds to make!!!
Watercress tastes similar to Arugula but, I love watercress for this salad because it is slightly sweeter with a lighter tasting leaf bringing a nice balance to the plate for warmer weather. If you can’t find watercress in your local store you can swap for Arugula here if needed. Loaded with crazy amounts of vitamin K, watercress is also a super-food!
Nothing quite like homemade salad dressing and this one is a classic!! No excuses to buy store bought here and you probably have everything you need on hand, a scoop of minced shallot or red onion, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Whisk and drizzle dressing over salad to finish!
Watercress Salad with Strawberries and Feta Cheese
- 4 cups Watercress trimmed
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup Marcona Almonds chopped
- 1 Mini Cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 8 Green Olives torn
- 1/4 Shallot minced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Trim and wash watercress in cold water and pat dry with clean towels.
- Slice strawberries and cucumbers. Rough chop almonds and tear up olives.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
- On a clean plate lay out watercress, top with fixings, and drizzle with dressing.
Leave a Reply