White Chicken Chili (slow cooker style). Easing into the weekend and setting the slow cooker to make dinner tonight.
White Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker Style)
White Chicken Chili made in the slow cooker for a hassle free dinner!
Servings: 4 people
- Slow Cooker
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeño minced
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dark Chili Powder (Spicy) or Cayenne (mild) optional to taste
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 can Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen White Corn
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro chopped
- Sour Cream
- In a medium sauce pan sauté onion and garlic with butter over medium heat for a few minutes. Add jalapeno and dried seasonings, stir until fragrant.
- Immediately transfer mixture to the slow cooker. Layer in chicken thighs on top. Pour in chicken stock and beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred with two forks. Place chicken back into slow cooker. Add in frozen corn and cilantro. Let warm for about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with fresh squeeze of lime, cilantro and dab of sour cream.
Leave a Reply