White Chicken Chili (slow cooker style). Easing into the weekend and setting the slow cooker to make dinner tonight.
White Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker Style)
- Slow Cooker
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeño minced
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dark Chili Powder (Spicy) or Cayenne (mild) optional to taste
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 can Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen White Corn
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro chopped
- Sour Cream
- In a medium sauce pan sauté onion and garlic with butter over medium heat for a few minutes. Add jalapeno and dried seasonings, stir until fragrant.
- Immediately transfer mixture to the slow cooker. Layer in chicken thighs on top. Pour in chicken stock and beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and shred with two forks. Place chicken back into slow cooker. Add in frozen corn and cilantro. Let warm for about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with fresh squeeze of lime, cilantro and dab of sour cream.