Spring and summer months are my favorite time to serve deviled eggs!!! They are an easy side dish or nibble for entertaining, and they pack in the protein as a bonus during happy hour. This version is light and refreshing with a hint of dill and light crunch of cucumber tucked inside the filling.
Deviled Eggs with Cucumber and Dill
- 8 Large Organic Eggs Hard Boiled
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill chopped
- 1/2 English Cucumber seeded + diced
- Salt + Pepper to taste
Hard Boiled Eggs
- In a large bowl fill with ice and water. “Ice water bath”
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan, and add cold water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil. As soon as the water is at a full boil, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. REMOVE from heat, and cover with a lid. Let stand for 13 minutes in the hot water.
- Drain, and transfer eggs to ice-water bath until cool to the touch.
- Peel eggs, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Transfer yolks to a medium bowl, and mash with a fork until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, chopped dill, S&P, and cucumber. Spoon filling into egg whites.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Garnish with dill sprigs just before serving.