Trying to think of all the delicious ways to reuse leftovers from Thanksgiving! Cranberry sauce is my absolute favorite condiment of the holiday season and making an extra big batch is always a good idea. Transforming this leftover sauce into brunch the next morning with cranberry stuffed french toast is a Ricci favorite! You also can’t go wrong with these honey sweet and slightly tart Cranberry Bars using Decas Farms Organic fresh Cranberries!
- 9 x 13 pan
Orange Honey Cranberry Sauce
- 2/3 cup Honey Local
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 bag Cranberries 12oz Decas Farms Organic
- 1 whole Clementine freshly squeezed
- 1 whole Clementine zest
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Flour All-Purpose
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter cold unsalted, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Egg beaten
- 2 cups Cranberry Sauce (full recipe above)
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat combine honey and water. Stirring frequently until honey dissolves into water.
- Add cranberries, clementine juice, clementine zest, cinnamon, and salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Cranberries will burst and sauce will begin to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Once cooled completely, store refrigerated in an air tight container. Flavor is best when made at least 1 day in advance.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in cold butter using a pastry blender until butter is pea shaped.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and stir it into the dough mixture until crumbly. Do not over mix.
- Evenly press about two-thirds of the bar mixture onto the bottom of a buttered 9×13 pan.
- Spread cranberry sauce evenly on top. Spread remaining dough mixture on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
From time to time, I work with amazing companies I believe in to develop recipes for my website. Today’s post was brought to you by Decas Farms! All opinions are 100% my own and I thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.
Leave a Reply