Who’s ready for a healthy vegetarian chili loaded with three types of beans and chunky organic vegetables? This slow cooker dish is perfect to feed a hungry crowd! The best part is the prep time here is less than 20 minutes, and than you can ‘set it and forget it’ in your slow cooker to finish the job!
Every great bowl of chili needs an array of high quality and fresh toppings to choose from. Some family favorites include Organic Valley’s sour cream and Mexican Blend Finely Shredded Cheese – two favorite ingredients this whole family can agree on!
One word that can really capture the essence of this post before you go and grab that slow cooker…. NACHOS!! Correction, two words, CHEESY NACHOS layered with Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili and fresh toppings for the win!
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili Nachos
- Slow Cooker/Crockpot
- 1 Organic Red Onion diced
- 2 Organic Carrots diced
- 1 Organic Green Pepper diced
- 1 Organic Red Pepper diced
- 1 Organic Sweet Potato
- 1 Jalapeno chopped fine (optional heat)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Chili Power
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 (15 oz) can Organic Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Organic Pinto Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Organic Black Beans rinsed and drained
Nacho Bar (Optional Toppings)
- Organic Corn Chips
- Organic Valley Sour Cream
- 1.5 cups Organic Valley Mexican Blend Finely Shredded Cheese
- Organic Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Wash and dice vegetables. Drain and rinse beans.
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker/Crockpot and stir to combine
- Cover with lid and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve chili warm with all your favorite toppings.
From time to time, I work with amazing companies I believe in to develop recipes for my website. Today’s post was brought to you by Organic Valley! All opinions are 100% my own. and I thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.
Leave a Reply