Warm, vibrant, and super tasty sun-dried tomato pesto spread!! We love this pesto especially during the winter months when we don’t have the garden. This pesto is so versatile and delicious stuffed inside or topped on chicken. It can also be tossed with warm pasta or served as spread toasted on a baguette! Really, the options are endless! I have even used it as the base of a great hummus sandwich!! This pesto is thick and ‘paste-like’ but it’s packed with ALL the flavor and some great nutrients.
Sun-dried tomatoes have a concentrated source of nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin K, and also iron. You can find them available dried or packed in oil. For this recipe I used the dried version. If you can only find the kind packed in oil I would cut back on the amount of oil you use overall in the recipe by 2 tablespoons.
This pesto will hold for about a week in the fridge (make sure you drizzle fresh oil on top before storing to keep the mixture moist). This spread is perfect to make ahead for entertaining or workweek dinners! The big bonus here is that the kids loved it as much as the adults! Winning!!
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Spread
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes not packed in oil
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 cup Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed garlic, basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt, pepper, red pepper flakes into a food processor. Pulse until a crumbly paste forms.
- Drizzle in olive oil slowly and continue to mix until blended!!! You can add additional oil if needed until you reach the paste consistency you like.
Leave a Reply