The joy of Chinese ‘takeout’ made at home. This simple dish of Beef and Broccoli is on the dinner table in 30 minutes flat! Tasty when served with cauliflower rice, or any starch you have in the pantry like noodles, rice or potatoes.
Beef and Broccoli
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch divided
- 1 pound Flank Steak cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar or Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp Oil Avocado or other favorite oil, divided
- 5 Cups Broccoli Florets
- Prep beef by cutting into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water. Add the cut beef to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the Aminos or soy sauce and sugar. Add in minced garlic and grate in the ginger. Set the sauce aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or pan add 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Once it is hot, add the beef and cook, stirring constantly until the beef is almost cooked through about 4-6 minutes. Transfer the beef to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and once it is hot, add the broccoli florets and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan then add the prepared sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until the sauce becomes slightly thick. Serve with cauliflower rice or starch of choice like rice or noodles.