Happy kids with chocolate, banana, and peanut butter muffins in hand. Theses are special treats with less refined sugar and over processed flours. With a creamy base from mashed bananas and peanut butter, naturally sweetened with maple syrup and balanced with a dose of dark chocolate chips, my kids think these are cupcakes, but I won’t tell them the difference if you don’t!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 6 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Pink Salt ground
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash ripe bananas with the back of a fork and beat in eggs, maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla until fully mixed.
- Add in all the remaining dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate last.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 liners and divide batter evenly. Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.