Need dinner ready in 30 minutes? I got you covered with this taco inspired skillet dinner!! Ground chicken simmered with your favorite blend of taco seasoning comes together in a flash. Keeping all smiles at the dinner table tonight!
This skillet is so versatile you can swap out the ground chicken for ground beef or ground turkey!! If you decide to swap with ground beef make sure you drain the fat out of the pan after browning. You can garnish with favorite fresh toppings like cilantro, avocado, sour cream, lime wedges, jalapeno slices and serve with a side of chips or lettuce cups or warm tortillas!
Taco Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can Diced Green Chiles
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans drained
- 1-2 Cups Cheddar + Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Fresh Avocado sliced
- Sour Cream
- 1 Lime
- Jalapeno sliced
- Organic Chips /Tortilla Wrap/ Lettuce Cup
- In a medium skillet with oil, lightly brown the ground chicken and break it up to a crumble. (About 7 minutes).
- Add in onion and saute for another 3 minutes. Add in taco seasoning and canned tomatoes. Mix well.
- Add in diced green chiles and black bean. Bring skillet down to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover with shredded cheese, and let cheese melt. Place a lid or foil over the skillet for this part. This will help make the cheese melt faster!! Serve with favorite toppings (optional).