General Tso Chickpeas + Broccoli
Vegan General Tso's chickpea stir-fry loaded with fresh veggies like broccoli and red bell peppers. Quick homemade General Tso's sauce is ready in minutes!
General Tso Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Aminos or Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sriracha or Chili Sauce add extra for desired heat level
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Honey Mustand any mustard will work here
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
Chickpea + Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 15 oz Cooked Can Chickpeas drained
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil or other favorite oil
- 1 Broccoli Crown cut into florets
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Green Onions chopped for garnish
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice optional
If you are serving this dish with rice begin to prepare rice as instructed on package.
Prepare General Tso sauce by whisking together all ingredients as listed above in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, broccoli and bell pepper strips, stirring continuously for a few minutes until veggies are tender!
Stir in the General Tso's sauce and drained chickpeas. Cook for about 2 more minutes, continuing to stir frequently, or until the mixture is hot throughout. Add more Aminos/Soy Sauce or chili sauce to taste!!
Serve with side of brown rice; garnish with green onions and additional chili sauce as desired.